The magnetherm 1.5 AC system is a totally unique device enabling magnetic fluid / nanoparticle hyperthermia testing at a range of user-configurable frequencies.
A totally unique device:
- The only commercially available hyperthermia device available for testing heating capacity of magnetic nanoparticles.
- Flexibility in operating frequency.
- Convenient bench-top size and portable.
- Only requires a tap or recirculating water bath for cooling – No expensive and cumbersome cryo/refrigerant.
- Use for in vivo and in vitro studies.
- Fully safety-tested.
- Competitively priced.
Whilst availability of magnetic nanoparticles, and their use, is significantly increasing, until now there has been no commercially available system to enable hyperthermia testing of these particles in specific applications at a range of relevant frequencies and field strengths.
nanoTherics has recognised the difficulty in sourcing off-the-shelf equipment which meets this need yet still allows for flexibility in choice of frequencies used. The magnetherm has been designed specifically for this purpose and operates at frequencies from 50 kHz up to 1.2 MHz and field strengths up to 20 kA/m (25 mT), the optimum range for in vivo applications. Since the heating capacity of magnetic nanoparticles will vary, depending on size, shape and material properties, it is critical to be able to evaluate heating capacity over a range of frequencies.